HiMedia & Animal Cell Culture
HiMedia offers a wide range of media, saline solutions, reagents, sera and consumables, and chemicals required for cell culture. HiMedia thus covers all product lines required for the cultivation of animal and human cells for research and industrial purposes.
In addition to classic media formulations for mammalian cells, HiMedia also offers formulations with 50-90% reduced serum requirements (LoSera™). The LoSera™ product line is suitable for adherent cells as well as cells in suspension and is based on classical media formulations enriched with additional nutrients. Besides lower costs (only 0.5 – 2 % serum required) the advantages are improved reproducibility, reduced protein interference in bioassays and easier purification of cell products. In addition, the reduction in serum consumption serves to protect the climate, the environment and animals.
A comprehensive range of products is also offered in the field of cryopreservation. In addition to a variety of serum-containing freezing media for special cell types (standard cell lines, sensitive cell lines, hybridomas, stem cells) and a wide range of cryoprotectants for custom formulations, there is also a universal, chemically defined cryomedium available: FREEZin1 Chemically Defined Serum Free Freezing Medium ensures high cell viability after cryo-storage and is also suitable for sensitive cell types such as stem cells and primary cells.
More product groups by subject area:
- Special media:
- HiGlutaXL™: Classic cell culture media with stable glutamine (L-alanyl-L-glutamine)
- Insects: Media for classical insect cell culture
- Mouse: IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) media
- Hybridoma media
- Transfection media
- Media for primary cells
- Mesenchymal stem cell media: media for cultivation and differentiation of MSCs
- Media and additives for endothelial cells, blood cells, melanocytes and keratinocytes
- Cell attachment and dissociation
- Media and reagents for cytogenetics
- Cell proliferation and cytotoxicity assays
- Cytokines and growth factors
- Dyes and reagents for microscopy and histology
- Antibiotics and antifungals
- Mycoplasma control